making a demo disk....

InVeNtOr

okay guys, how can you take different scenes from a movie, keep the sound correct, and combine them onto one disk? i can burn dvd's all day long, but i can't splice multipable movies together. can anyone point me to some good software. the software i have seen or found can't keep the sound correct, or simple burns the entire movie.

any help is appreciated.....

There isn't really a simple one-program solution to making a Demo Disc. There is a lot to it, and it takes practice. The simple answer is to use DVD shrink to get the scenes that you want, then use DVDLab to create menus and author the disc. I used to make demo discs for everyone at the Electronics store where I worked, so I have quite a bit of experience with this.

i use shrink and decripter all the time. my only issue is i would like to know if i use any type of program, it keeps the surround sound intact. i saw one last night, AVS. seemed good. i down loaded it and tried it out with Hulk. i have to buy it to be able to use the software, but it didn't say if it kept the 5.1 sound or not.

What do you mean, I saw one last night, AVS? DVD Shrink will definitely keep the surround sound intact (dolby, dts, whatever). Just click re-author, find the main movie, pick your start and end points, and then you can choose which audio track(s) and subtitles (not recommended) you want to keep.

well now i am back at square one. i didn't think of using dvd shrink until you suggested. so now i have the exact scenes i want, i know i have 5.1 sound, but how do i get multiple scenes onto one disk? i tried burning them as an ISO image, but it won't allow multipable iso images on one disk.

i am going to check into dvdlabs......

it looks like dvd labs would work out just fine. i can't afford to spend the money to get it, but it looks like a cool program. too bad there isn't something out there that is free and does all the same things! that would be really nice.

thanks for the help so far....

DVDLab comes with a free 30 day trial. It is the full version of the program, just stops working after 30 days. Otherwise, if you don't care about having a menu, you can do it using only free tools (vobedit, ifoedit). As far as saving all to an iso image, you should be able to burn the scenes, but they would only play on a computer.

installed dvd labs pro 2, couldn't get it to work. was trying to trim Hulk, but everytime, it failed. the program wouldn't respond. i downloaded the THX demo disk from some site. it was 1.8gb, took me over 6 hours! it's the same demo i already have, except this one actually plays the 2 rear channels. that was the big problem with the other thx disk i had. was real fustrating. i guess i will have seperate disks, seems easier at this point.