Trouble with Mids on Quintet 3,onkyo sr606

pHEnomIC69

We got the Quintet 3, onkyo sr606 and a sub 10.

It seems that this system is really lacking on the midrange and I can't figure it out. The sound coming from them doesn't sound musical and is very artificial. It is hard to describe but I think that should give a good idea. They sound very bright which I hear is normal and doesnt bother me. I cut the highs a little bit in the equalizerand it seems to sound a little better to me. But no matter what I do they are really lacking in mids. I have a promedia system on my computer and i prefer listening to that over em because of this and I would believe that the quintets should be equivalent or better in these aspects.

Any tips on tweaking the bass, I am having a hard time finding a place where it bumps but the sub doesnt just overpower everything. I have the sub on LFE and ive tried receiver crossovers ranging from 100-120 hz.

Your Onkyo has a ton of settings to adjust so it might be something in its menu that needs to be changed. Also the sub needs to be calibrated. For starters:

-Turn the crossover knob on the sub itself as high as it will go.

-Turn the gain level control on the sub to about the 10 o'clock position.

-Change the crossover settings in the receiver to 120Hz for all the speakers and the sub.

-Run the Audyssey setup.

What are you connecting to your receiver as far as CD player, etc?