Replacement sattelite's for Promedia 4.1

flaze

Hey all.

PC/Spears were on last night and around say 3am, the house was filled with a ghastly noise.

Seems the PC restarted after a Windows Update and for whatever reason , the PC crashed and sent absolute trash to my my speakers.

Bottom line: 1 completely dead and the other crackling badly (the tweeter probably with the main driver being toast ) :(
(Fortunately the sub and 2 others A-OK and seems also the amp is good too.)

Going about a repair/replace, what are my options especially with consideration to a budget?

thx for reading :)

I can get you a new pair of sats for your system for $42.00, that will also cover shipping. If you want a pair with upgraded drivers then the cost will be $72.00 with delivery. I also have stock dirvers available but i do not have any spare tweeters, so the whole setup would probably be your best bet, I will also take your old speakers and give you $20 total for them.

So let me know if your interested and we can set it up, otherwise someone else may have some better advise for you maybe.

Upgraded drivers offer better sound quality, plus they look nicer than the stock ones, and yes, i am talking about the entire speaker, grills, stands. 100% complete, and if you want even better sound I can also make you some nice premium speaker wires that will improve sound quality. You can check them out by following this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Promedia-16ga-Speaker-Wire-Cable-Set-Gold_W0QQitemZ170282594846QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I have not taken any pictures yet but I have a set of speakers that were being tested that I can take a picture of I guess.

I would like to see what I might potentially buy :)

Also, at $42 delivered, how "new" will the pair of sats be and also, how close to the orignal spec will they be?
For example, 2.1's sat's are spec'd to handle 55 watts each while the original 4.1 sat's were spec'd at 60 each?

thx and appreciate your patience :)

I've contacted Klipsch and was provided this address for servicing:

http://www.sybesmas.com/contact.html

Also did a search on EBAY and found a lot of reference to 2.1 and per my earlier note, seems there is a disparity between 4.1 and 2.1 and as such , am a tad 'spooked' about what I'd receive as replacement from anyone - hence my additional questioning to Mister_Clean :)

not a problem at all, please ask me all the questions you have before making a decision, One thing I can say is that I have a excellent reputation and you don't have to worry about any transaction from me ending with a negative result. I might go to my shop later on, if i do I will try to remember to take pictures of my project speakers for you. But they doo look nicer than the stock speakers, and more importantly, they sound better too, I think used cheaper drivers in their sats and put more of their budget into the crossovers and circuitry in them. combining that with better drivers = better speakers overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Clean,

It's been almost 2 business weeks and you've not provided pics nor have you answered my questions.

They were:
Also, at $42 delivered, how "new" will the pair of sats be and also, how close to the orignal spec will they be?
For example, 2.1's sat's are spec'd to handle 55 watts each while the original 4.1 sat's were spec'd at 60 each?

thx!

I am sorry, I somehow missed the part of the question asking about wattage, if you would like to send me your email I can get a picture of what the speakers look like for you. And the speakers are 30 watt speakers, I did run a pair on a 2.1 system at full volume for about 20 minutes and had no problem at all (until the subwoofer fell to the ground and broke, lol), and in my opinion they sound better than the stock drivers and even look nicer. Frequency range: 100-20,000 Hz, Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms * Re: 6.6 ohms.

I hope this helps.