JBL driver info?

colterphoto1

JBL 2446, 2450, or 2485

for use with my 2365 large format horns (courtesy SpeakerFritz). Thinking of using them for long throw (60x40) for my outdoor PA rig. Currently have K69A but don't want to blow them up, they're really a pro cinema tweeter driver.

Well, the 2446 is a good driver and was used by JBL for the 236x series. I got them as the HF section from the JBL4675C system. They are more expensive then the K-69 which you mentioned.

They have a 2 inch throat & 4 inch diaphragm. They have some special features on the geometry/construction of the titanium diaphragm and the phase plug.

BTW, if you are looking for a pair of new 2446H drivers, I might be letting mine go (PM me, if interested). The 2360 horns may be going also.

Good Luck,

-Tom

I don't have a K-69 so I can't make the comparison. There are specs and charts posted on the JBL 2446. I have not seen comparable ones for the K-69.

If you are worried about power handling, then the K-1132 (or is it the 1133 ?) was used for such applications (I believe). Surely somewhere in the House of Klipsch there is a box in the corner with some K-1132s

I guess that's what I'm looking for then. Unless I'm reading the specs wrong though the 1132. Now to figure if I need the Mach 1 mounting for my JBL horn.

In any case, would I want to apply CD eq to this horn/driver combo? Seems a shame as my MCM stacks require none.