HT status

Jim Cornell

Cornwall 1 front

SS.5s rear

academy center

KLF-c7 rear center, thank you BOA ( for the advise on this)

Outlaw 1050

Zenith DVD2381

Pyramid amp, 2 rockford fosgates 10in

1- K-33-E in homemade box, on the same sub amp!

Still might tap into the other corns for rear, i just need to make room, or just leave the SS.5s above my head!

I dont have a third left wall, otherwise i would go to side mounts!

Then rear center!

If anyone has any advise to place cornwalls on the sides, without 2 side walls, or rear placement without sitting beside them let me know!

I think im one lucky man to have all this, and 3 kids to, my wife is gettig irritated with my hobby!

I guess thats part of the reason why i caint make up my mind!

I still have 2 other systems tapped into the cornwalls!

I was trying to match the line to what i have, id have no room for a belle center!

Maybe ill still get heresys for rear, i think i could hang them only thing is ill be sitting below them!

On the other hand, this room isnt to big, so the SS.5s might do just fine!

So far not too bad, i can hear a bit of loss on rears!

I still caint believe the output on these cornwalls, When i got the first pair i couldnt hear 4 other speakers, the KG4s and the KG5.5s, TOGETHER!

The cornwalls were blasting, while the rest were at a decent volume!

Now with 4 cornwalls i doubled that output, thats why im having such a hard time with theater matching!

Im not getting a big sreen TV, it would be on all day, and ill have to set it on top of a pair of cornwalls to fit it in here!

So other than a couple upgrades, it looks like im done with this!

Untill we move anyway!

So any advise on home theater with 2 walls 1 back wall and no left side wall, i need advise!

The back wall has the kitchen table 2 recliners, and some baby stuff on it!

Baby is doing well, than you all again!

Regards Jim

OK,

I ask for advise and the answer is ?!

At least i was thinking clearly on setting up the home theater in this room LOL!

HOW!!

Right now its on one wall, with the cornwalls side by side and the academy on top of the inner left cornwall, and the KLF-c7 on the inner right cornwall!

THE ss.2s are hanging above this on the same wall!

Hmmmm, oh well, i just might keep it like this, this house is just too small!

Home theater with 2 walls, and one back wall leading down the hallway, any advise LOL!

The left side is the front door, and is open space!

Regards Jim

hey jim, sounds like you're there as far as the #/size of speakers & tv size(?). how much space between the corns? just try & somehow get 'em seperated as much as

possible/practical & w/ the fr & rear centers somehow in the middle (assuming your sweet spot is in the center of room from the tv). can u do that w/o puttin the cornwalls on their sides. i'd lean toward keeping them floor standing (at least the fronts). may need some mounting equipment.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Bopa

The inner cornwalls are 5 foot apart, then the outer pair are beside these!

Today i went down and got a sony flatscreen 27inch, thats the biggest i can go, i think the kids would of treated a projection like a trampaline!

I am thinking of high pedestools for the rears, with the corns on top!

I tossed that around, then ill have the room under them!

Like a high table with 4X4 legs, and shelf on the bottom!

4 feet high!

This flatscreen is nice!

Im not even going to the reviews on this Sony, LOL!

Well ganna tune for a bit!

Regards Jim

I think surround speakers work best above ear level and music sounds best through midhorns at ear level. The SS5s are designed as surround speakers with wide dispersion characteristics, and will work well as both sides and rears. They are only 5 pounds so I wonder if you could hang them from the ceiling on wires. Not sure how that would look, however.

You should point out to your wife that this hobby keeps you at home where she can keep an eye on you and call you for help when she needs it.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems