Any new offerings coming soon for the iPod Touch?

As the title asks, I have both the iFi and the SXT, and they are wonderful but

with the purchase of the iPod Touch, neither will charge the Touch.

Also the SXT of course no longers has the video out, thanks to Apple changing the wiring

SO, I would certainly like to see something from Klipsch that both charges as well as outputs

video for the new iPod Touch devices.

I'm certain it would be a hit, as searching around there isn't much in the way that does either.

Thanks,

G2

Gary,

You have some very valid points. Unfortunately I can't answer you questions for two reasons. We don't announce products until they are official. Also we can not easily comment on Apple authentication/compliance issues due to the conflict of interest with our buyers.

This is a convoluted message so I apologize, but there are stories there if you know what is occurring in the industry and dig into blogs and the EFF.

Ah, ok convoluted is by it's definition, a bit of a problem. Thanks for the reply

and I'll wait and see what comes about, I don't read much blogs so I'm out

of the loop, as you can tell ;-)

Tempted to get another SXT before they are no longer available, the one I have is nice but

from the carrying to and fro the cloth is frayed along the edges, being pulled in and out

of a computer roll around bag, still sounds great of course!

G2

That's incouraging to hear [:D] and for the time being I still have

an oler 80 gig video iPod that I will also keep using until it crashes and dies

the SXT charges it, allows Svideo out the back, what's not to like!

Again, thanks for the reply, as you can probably tell, I'm a Klipsch fan,

I've the RF7's and RC7 for my main front and center channel, need to upgrade

to the RS7's if I can locate a couple but that's not a high priority, as the wife factor

won't allow wall hanging speakers at this time, oh well !

G2

We recently released the iGroove SXT-MFi which will charge the new stuff from Apple (and all but one of the old ones), and the video output is working too with the iPod models that must have "authentication" to turn on the video output. Unfortunately we engineers find out about the same time that the customers do that something new is coming out, and last fall it was the that Firewire charging was deprecated, and only USB charging was allowed. (Different pin, different voltage.)

So in addition to a design crunch we also met up with the "Christmas Crunch" as far as our supply chain is concerned. Couple that with the economic slow-down and the fact that our retailers instantly had more stock than they thought they had, and you have the situation where the SXT-MFi only recently made it onto store shelves (I still don't know exactly when that was, but I don't think it was before Christmas).

We also made it bi-amp and tweaked the sound character.

Thanks, that's exactly what they did, left the old one out there,

which doesn't charge the Touch, but I opened a box, p/n as you indicated and

that one works fine, and bought it too, haven't had a chance to play it in the

hotel yet, will do so in a short while and it seemed to also charge my older video Gen 5 iPod

Question, will the Svideo signal be sent out by both the touch and my Gen 5 ?

I'll test it soon, but was wondering if it was wired to get both?

Thanks again for your help

G2

Edited to say yep, it handles outputs from either my Gen 5 video iPod or the Gen 2 iPod Touch, nice

and beautiful sound as well, Outstanding job Crew Klipsch!