re-veneering

buccpirate

Not if it was done well, i.e. no voids or loose bits to rattle around. I've considered doing this myself. What speakers in what finish do you have?

fini

p.s. You'll get more responses by posting this question in the 2 ch. forum. Lot's of folks have dried up and turned to dust here waiting for an answer.

It's not that architectural's not important. It's just that it's EXPENSIVE and just not a part of most people's everyday lexicon.

That being said, I just finished a restoration of a pair of 1976 Khorns (see Updating Older Speakers) which involved VERY LIGHT veneering. If you're thinking of doing the entire box, good luck, you're past me!

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

I think most posters don't know what to do with this forum. I always thought it would be a great place to discuss room acoustics and treatments.

fini

Hey, how about those room acoustics and treatments, eh? (getting the ball rolling...)

Keith-How the hell did you fall into this hole?

fini

To add a touch of "flair" (or "flare?"), I think this forum should be moderated by Christopher Lowell, that designer with the show on The Discovery Channel.