Battle of Titans, Sure vs Klipsch in-ear headphones

Pauw

Klipsch has easily won me over for any speaker i'll ever get, HOWEVER, I (like any other observer) would assume that klipsch has a history of speakers, while sure has a history with headphones, leading me to question which headphone brand would be superior, sure or klipsch?

Specifically very soon I'll be listening to my new klipsch custom 3's or the sure

SE530 Sound Isolating Earphones

SE530 Sound Isolating Earphones

My impression after reading a plethora of reviews: The customs and sures have nearly universal acclaim (though the sures seem to have MORE high reviews~ quanitity wise)

http://store.shure.com/store/shure/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.105460100' class="dr_productName">

The reason I compare these two is that currently, both are in a competitive price range (sures about $250, customs about $170) at various retailers.

The only reason i'm leaning on the sures is that SURE specializes in earphones whereas klipsch's cup of tea per se is in speakers. My brother has a lower-end model of the sures and I was quite impressed (i've never heard klipsch earphones). Does anyone have experience with Sure SE530s or the Klipsch custom 3's?[Z]

(after extensive research, I have come to the conclusion that both earphones seem to offer the best "amateur, non proffessional" earphones on the market)

It's Shure btw, not Sure [;)]

I became a fan of the Klipsch headphones before I started workng for Shure, so now I kinda feel torn between the two. They are both great sounding products. At this level, I think the biggest differences will be due to the quality of the seal and the comfort level once that seal is established

I have the custom 3 which I won at the annual pilgrimage. To be honest the biggest problem with them are the seals, I wish the offered foam earplugs though there was a diy that showed how to make earplugs from foam earplugs. Once you get a good seal they are wonderful albeit a bit heavy. I think now I would go for the image X10 versus the custom 3 if I had the choice again.

I've never had Klipsch in-ears before, I've had Shure E3's for years and I absolutley love the way they sound. The fact that you get the different seals, including the FOAM plugs (which are a must IMO) are a greatsounding product. Shure also has great customer service I damaged a pair and they sent me a new pair promptly.

As jay said, seal is important with in-ear to really maintain the dynamics.

I have not yet heard any Klipsch earphones but I do have some Shure SE530 and I am very impressed with them. That being said the ear seal is the single most important part of making them sound right. I do not think that I could ever like them if I did not have the foam cushions. These are the only ones that seal in my ear.

The SE530's are very neutral and the bass is solid.

As he said Klipsch for speakers and Shure for headphones.