la scala grill

ricktate

i have la scalas with the top grills and the trim is flat,i have seen some la scalas with the rounded trim i would like to change to that.does any one know if klipsch has this or where i can get the trim? also i have seen a couple on e-bay older than mine with rounded trim, whats up with that? thanks for your help....klipsch a legend in sound ,with heritage horsepower.....rick

Rick, I think Home Depot or a lumber mill is a good place to start. There is all kinds of 1/4-rounds, bead-work, etc. that you could use as a start. If you're handy with a router, you could start with stock and work down from there. There were some posts a month or so ago where a gentleman took his LaScalas and rounded the corners. Looked pretty good, but some took him to task for altering the original PWK design. My take is that they're his property and he can paint daisies on them if he wants (once saw a pair on Ebay where the owner has burned in some underwater scenes, or something Smile.gif )

For my KCBR's (raw birch Khorns) that I'm just refinishing, I put some molding on the bottom of the front face panel on the bass bin. Later designs included that (omitted on mine), but I added it because the outer lamination on the birch plywood was coming off in spots down there, probably due to be dragged, not carried, across the floor or carpet. That was a good design enhancement while also giving it a furnished look.

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)