Purchasing tips

preacher

Hi all

I'm considering purchasing a whole new set of speakers for my home-cinema, and I've had my eye on the Reference-series, RF/RC/RS 3 II.

However, I've glancing a little bit at RF5 and RC/RS 7 instead, but these cost a bit more, and since my room is merely 17 square meters (that's 183 square feet according to a metric converter) perhaps this combination is just too big?

The Denon 3802 will be the driving force of the speakers by the way.

All help appreciated.

my best advice is never sell yourself short. This includes Audio. If you have to wait a tad more...so what,,, The years of enjoyment you will get by buying what is the best, far outweigh the cost cutting "almost as good" syndrome.

Save your $$$ and buy what your heart and your ears tell ya!!!!

Preacher, I had the RF3s for almost a year and JUST upgraded to the RF7s and very glad I did, the 7s work a lot better on music, the 3s were very good so either way you won't go wrong, but I'd search a bit first and pick up the 7s if I were you.

I have the Center on order right now and should have it this week to complete the set, my room is 21' by 15' so it's a pretty good size room, 8' foot ceilings.

What I have noticed RIGHT away was the bass response! Man is this great! the lows are so powerful I don't think I really need a sub! I do have a sub, a KSW12 right now but the range on the 7s makes me wonder!

Good luck in your search, either set will do, but the nod is for the 7s, not only good sounding but so much better looking, I have the Cherry wood set, the Center will be the Black ash because it sits right next to my receiver and directly on top of my entertainment center and the wood is close but right on top I wouldn't want to have the different woods so close together...

G2

No Doubt, those 7s are BIG, the wife wasn't too keen on them when I unpacked them!!! Even I had to hold back an adjective or two myself! I knew they were going to be taller and wider but you don't get the feel for how much bigger until you set them up!

But I get to keep them, which is nice.

I heard a direct comparison of the RF3s and the 5s and the 5s sounded more open and cleaner in that A-B switching demo, nice Speakers as well, you will be very happy!

And I know it's controversial but I really do think that there is a break in period, as my 3s were starting to come in much nicer smoother after many hours of playing...

G2