RP-3 and Denon 1802

Nick2pac

nick, if u biwired the high & low rp speaker posts to the denon fronts speaker terminals, then be sure to take off those gold connectors on the rp.

however u have the denon set now, u can run rca plug connects from the denon sub preout to the lfe in of 1 rp, then from that rp's lfe out to the other rp lfe in (daisy chain). then set fronts large, sub:yes &

bass control so that "LFE ONLY" goes to the sub preout.

that's usually about the best way to get the best overall bass outa the rp.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I tried using a separate cable to the RP-3 bass amp. For some reason, the amp often seemed to be very finnicky about turning on this way (perhaps the output from my Denon's sub out wasn't registering with enough auhority to trigger the amps). Anyhow, I find that running a bi-wire cable from my 200 watt rotel to the back of the RP-3s (minus binding clip) produces more than adequete bass. I don't believe my listening room is smaller than usual, but I know that one sub is pointed toward a wall that is only 8 to 12 inches away (angled away slightly to form what might be loosely considered as a horn configuration) I think this improves the loudness of the bass I hear in my favorite listening chair.

Surely if I were to move the speaker away from this corner, the bass volume would decrease to more normal levels.