Right channel doesn't work....speaker and wire is fine.

Da12thMan

I got a Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1. A couple weeks ago I heard on of my
speakers blew. I thought it blew but after some testing, I found out
that it was the speaker wire it was hooked up to was bad. I ordered
some new wires. I'm running into the same problem. After I doing more
troubleshooting. I found out that it's the right speaker red/black
terminals. So I was wondering what can I do to fix this?

how did you determine it is the terminals? I mean, technically, there really isn't much that can go wrong with one of the terminals, either it breaks and you lose the connection, or not... I suspect that you have another problem. maybe the control pod or the amplifiers circuitry. I can get you a new control pod and have it shipped out tomorrow and you will have it before the weekend. Or you can order one from klipsch instead but you will have to be home to sign for the package with them and shipping will likely take longer, but call there technical support line to see if they can help you trouble shoot first.

I have basically the same problem. Both my satellites work and provide good sound if I switch the wires around, but only the left channel output on the back of the sub actually works. The right channel doesn't work regardless of which satellite is plugged in. So it appears as if the thing causing the problem is the right channel terminals on the sub itself are nonfunctional.

EDIT: I just tried what was suggested here: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/94730.aspx . Opened up my control pod, unplugged the connector and plugged it back in, and put the whole thing back together. Now for whatever reason I'm getting sound from both speakers.

At this point I'm going to be very careful about moving stuff around! I'm worried that if I unplug anything I'll somehow wreck something and I'll have to do this over again.

EDIT 2: Right speaker has already stopped working, ~30 minutes after it was working fine. Now it produces a faint buzz instead of real sound. Guess I can't count on these speakers to work. I'll have to just rely on my crummy TV speakers until I can get new speakers.

have you checked the fuse?? you get to it from the outside, back panel, on the left side. it takes a flathead to unscrew it. that was my problem one time my one channel went out. but i have the same problem and probably need to send it in since i cant figure out how to fix it myself.

Could it possibly be the fuse in my situation, where reseating the connection inside the control pod worked but only temporarily (maybe an hour)? I'm thinking if the fuse is blown, the channel wouldn't work at all, not even temporarily.

Not sure I'm going to send it in. I bought the set on eBay (probably a mistake), but I'm not spending money to get it fixed only to have it break again due to shoddy design/manufacturing. When I get new speakers, they will be a more reliable brand.