Speaker recommendations

PK5555

New Member here Yes another new person looking for advice – THANK YOU

I’m looking for a recommendation for a new set of speakers. What I have right now is Polk Monitor 10b’s. Nice speakers but the foot print is too much for my Living Room. I have been looking at Bookshelf speakers but I’m not sure I’ll be happy after listenig to the 10b’s. So here I am asking for your advice.

I’ll be using these in a HT set up as well as a 2-channel set up. I’m more concern with the sound on the 2 channel than the HT. For the 2 channel I have a Phillips GA 212 TT and I’m planning on going with Tubes maybe a Yaqin MC10L not sure on phono amp yet.

Do have a budget of $500 but would like to keep cost down to $300 to $400. If I have to go with Floor model with a smaller foot print that is ok

Advice away

PK

Bookshelf speakers such as the RB-5 can be had for $500 or less. There's a ton of floorstanding speakers available (especially pre-owned) in the $500 and under range. Some might be larger than you'd like but, like with car engines, there's no replacement for displacement.

Hi, welcome to the Forms.You can pick up some very nice speakers for under 500$, offcoarse they will be used. i have seen many of the KLF 10-30 series for any where from 300-600, which is a steal, i bought my mint cf-4's version 2 for 600. i bought a pair of RF-7 for around 750$, look on craigslist for deals, if you live in minneapolis we have a guy here selling RF-3 II for 150 (pair. those are nice speakers) and Klipsch K.G 5.2 for 250 mint condition. look for speakers that have 8" or more because they tend to be better with frequencies.

good luck

Sorry if i didnt answer properly but if you want good bookshelf then go with the definitive studio monitor 450,i have never owned any bookshelves but i did hear them at bestbuy. i know the klipsch B-3 are very good 2 but you need a subwoofer with them. The def tech studio 450 have a sub woofer built in, and they can be had for 350-450 on ebay.

=D

good luck

I'm checking out some KG 3.2 tomorrow.

Little smaller than the polks.

I think this will be the first time hear Klipsch.

What do you think of the 3.2?

I have the 3.5s that have a small footprint as well. They put out a lot of bass for their size. I would imagine that the 3.2s would as well.

You should be able to pick them up for around $150-200 if they're in excellent condition.