I'm looking for my first sub for my home theater. I could use some advice.

smcilwaine287

So the past 2 weeks have been crazy for me in the sub world. I started off getting a paradigm ps-1000 subwoofer used, thinking it would fit where I was going to put it.... Well when my entertainment center came in I found that I was very wrong.

So I got the Klipsch sub 10, and was pleased with it as far as HT goes, but it lacked for Music... It was actually very similar to the paradigm IMO.

I returned the Klipsch for a Velodyne Impact 12. I really like the sub for music, but it is AWFUL for HT. Atleast in my big room.

So as you can tell, I'm trying to get the sub that is right for me. My room is about 14' wide, by 11' deep. However, it does open up into the kitchen/living room as well. I will unfortunately have to put the sub in my front left corner, in a tight corner... but that's better than nothing.

I have 2 klipsch rf-62's, and the klipsch vc-25 (getting the rc-52 very soon, rc-62 is .5 inches to wide which I know sucks) and some def tech bipolar rears. I am powering this w/ a yamaha v663 receiver (95watts x 7).

I am on a pretty limited budget, and saw the rw-12d for $280, which seems like a steal. I do about 80% HT and 20% music. I do like my bass on my music to sound good though. I listen to (alternative/punk/pop/indie/ and hardcore rock, also the wife likes jazz). I enjoyed how the paradigm and klipsch sub 10 shook my house, and would like that feeling, but would also like a good bass sound for my music. I am tired of people telling me to get svs subs, I would like an answer as to whether or not this is going to be my best bet. I am only 19, and on a pretty limited budget, so forgive me for being on such a small budget.

No matter which sub you get, it won't sound good with music right out of the box. Placement and phase are critical to getting your sub matched up with your mains. You can't just plug one in and listen to it without careful set-up and determine wether it's a good sub or not.

alright fellas, thank god my dealer answered his phone and finally picked up the sub. I plugged my paradigm back in, and I'm definately not having second thought on the return of the velodyne, this paradigm is awesome... Now I just need something this good, that's jusr a tad bit smaller.