Woofer rattle...need help asap

TwoWatt

I recently bought a pair of the RP-3, the B-side woofer (i hate to call it a sub) works, but if I put my head next to the speaker I can definitely hear a rattle. It sounds like a driver is either loose or blown.

Since I bought off UBID and have 4 more days before my 7 days are up should I return it for a replacement? I listen to the A-side speaker & its woofer is tight.

Thanks for reading.

Well, I contacted support and they told me too take the driver out of the speaker? I forgot to ask about voiding the warranty if I did that. Will it?

I got the cover off, moved the speaker in and out like the guy said, but I didnt see any problems. Someone in another forum suggested maybe a wire came loose and is scraping the woofer on long throws. I guess my question is will I void the warranty taking the driver out?

Thanks again,

Brian

EDIT: Well never mind, I recalled & they said no problem doing that, wouldnt void warranty, they told me to swap drivers from each speaker, to see if the problem is with the driver or something else, so after I get back from running I will attempt this.

I think i am done dealing with UBID and will continue dealing direct with klipsch Smile.gif

This message has been edited by TwoWatt on 02-19-2002 at 11:07 AM

No, you will not void the warranty. Be careful not to put a screwdriver through the surround (we've all done that at one time or another) as that WILL void the warranty. One more comment; while the unit is playing, see if you feel any air leaking through the RCA connectors. Wet the tip of your finger and put it over the RCA's to feel for air leak. (I swear I am not kidding). Air leaking through the RCA's (which is very rare in the RP-3) will sound like something vibrating inside the speaker.