A question for the sub people.

dtel

• Moderators

Not that I think you are "sub" people ! [:P]

I have a DIY sub from a few years ago, it works fine. I had Dr Who go over the numbers from the driver and amp with the cabinet size and he said it all matched up fine, this was a good while back.

It's a Shiva 12" with a 250 w AVA amp in a 5 CF ported box, tuned to 18.1.

I have added more/bigger speakers and I need some room so the question is can I put this amp, driver and port in another shape or a cylinder with the same inside volume 5 CF and keep the same kind of results ?

I really don't want to use another speaker or driver because I have not finished the other speaker project, I still need about $2000. in stuff to finish that. I was just hoping I could use another shape or something tall to save me some floor space.

In the long run I would like to find a taped horn design that would be designed something like the Danley. I would have room for something tall.

I have added more/bigger speakers and I need some room so the question is can I put this amp, driver and port in another shape or a cylinder with the same inside volume 5 CF and keep the same kind of results ?

Short answer = yes, but it will probably sound different

In the long run I would like to find a taped horn design that would be designed something like the Danley. I would have room for something tall.

Your Shiva might be able to work in a tapped horn. Do you have just the one driver?