which tube amp

powertower

anyone have experience in these amps....i am down to pulling the trigger on quicksilver horn monos,VTL TT25s,AES sixpacks,TAD hibachis or new tech channel islands m 100s...any and all help is greatly appreciated.........thankyou.......i am driving some chorus 2s with an adcom 545 (painful) at the moment.......[*-)]

No....the horn monos come with EL-34s but you can use KT-66, KT-77, KT-88, KT-90, or 6550s. I have 6550s in mine and they are my favorite so far. The horn monos are great for rolling tubes.

Fritz is correct.....there is a QS amp that uses 8417s but its not the horn mono. Mike Sanders offered owners of those amps a conversion option.

I have Quicksilver mini-mites and AES sixpacs. The little Quicksilvers are very nice, sweet sounding amps. The sixpacs are not quite as sweet but will have more punch. Both are nice amps, for me it's a toss up, they are equally good in their own way.

Thanx, Russ

thankyou for the replys I had a chance to get the the older quicksilvers that have the hard to find and expensive tubes but you all have made up my mind to go ahead and get the horn monos,I was looking for a sweet sound and the quicksilver seems to be a great product and Mike stands behind his gear+at great price........cheers...........klipsch website rocks