help w/ set up and configuration and any advice you can give.

Ok, so I'm a huge music buff. I'm 19 and have about 600 cd's (no records here... well I do have on in a frame :-)

Anyways, as some of you may or may not know, I have 2 RF-62's. They are 10.5 feet apart, and I am my couches ar approx. 10 feet away from the speakers, however depending on which of the 4 seats available the distance can depend. For instance my left speaker right now is probably 10 feet away, but the right is maybe 12.5 - 14.

The problem I notice with my music is, even when directly in the middle of both speakers I have a hard time "listening". sometimes I feel like my left speaker is louder than my right speaker, and I've risen the level to te right speaker a bit, but can't seem to get it perfect. And in my current position, it's almost like 80% of what I can hear is from the left speaker. I am going crazy here, it's awful. My speakers are not aimed towards the center of the room, they are aimed straight out into the room.

Sorry if this is hard to comprehend, it's also hard to explain.

What are you using for a receiver/amp? Does it have a balance control that you can adjust? Do you have the speaker wires hooked up correctly on both of them (positive to positive, etc?) Did you double-check all your connections from your CD player and all your equipment to make sure everything is connected correctly?

If you toe-in your speakers how do they sound?

Ok, so I'm a huge music buff. I'm 19 and have about 600 cd's (no records here... well I do have on in a frame :-)

Anyways, as some of you may or may not know, I have 2 RF-62's. They are 10.5 feet apart, and I am my couches ar approx. 10 feet away from the speakers, however depending on which of the 4 seats available the distance can depend. For instance my left speaker right now is probably 10 feet away, but the right is maybe 12.5 - 14.

The problem I notice with my music is, even when directly in the middle of both speakers I have a hard time "listening". sometimes I feel like my left speaker is louder than my right speaker, and I've risen the level to te right speaker a bit, but can't seem to get it perfect. And in my current position, it's almost like 80% of what I can hear is from the left speaker. I am going crazy here, it's awful. My speakers are not aimed towards the center of the room, they are aimed straight out into the room.

Sorry if this is hard to comprehend, it's also hard to explain.

I think most of us have gone through this situation. Use your individual level controls just like a balance control. Set both front left and right speakers to "0", then raise the level of the right speaker by a couple db's, until it sounds equal to the left speakers volume. You can lower the left speakers level a couple of db's also. Either way, keep making adjustments until you get it dialed in. Try a couple different "toe'd in" angles also, my KEF Q-7's liked to be aimed right at the center position of the couch, but my La Scala's don't need to be toe'd in as much to sound "right".

Keep us posted,

Dennie