Solutions to my KSW-12 issue?

Mrphats1999

Im running the below system. Thank guys for all of your help getting the subwoofer connected and going.

I hooked the sub up and put my LFC to 120 and my LEVEL to 9. As suggested. Now someone suggested I go with the 75Hz frequency on my reciever. However it only has 3 levels to choose from. 100,150,200.

Any suggestions? Im not really feeling the subs power right now. I actually feel more power from my friends cheap woofer.

Any help with be appreciated.

Thanks

Phats

------------------

My current home theater system.

<br>Klipsch Quintet's 4

<br>1 KSC-C1

<br>Pioneer VSX-D810S

<br>Pioneer DVD 343

<br>working on getting KSW-12

<br>MS X BOX as well

First off, is your sub sitting on carpet? Since this is a down firing sub the carpet may muffle and disrupt

the output of it. I had a similar problem. I went to home depot and bought a 24"x24"1/4" piece of marble tile and place the sub on this, I had put the sub in a corner as well...Wow what a difference! I get exceptional smoothness now and can feel the Low frequencies bass in my soul. I also keep my sub input level set to 12 noon and I have about a 4db boost from my amp for the sub. Anyway hope this helps

Scooterdog

Mitsubishi 55"

Denon AVR 3801 DTS DD

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the La Sala's

Techenique A-10 DVD Audio/ Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RC-7 Center

Klipsch RS-5 Surround L&R Side

Klipsch SS .5 Back surround

This message has been edited by SCOOTERDOG on 02-28-2002 at 02:41 AM

phats, who says 75hz? quints as i read only have around a 100hz low end. anyway, the 100hz should be fine. may wanna even experiment w/ the higher settings on some bassy 2 channel music.

scooter, that heavy slab maybe just anchored the ksw more better to the floor & prevented some cabinet resonance. carpet spikes would probably work better for that. but carpet doesn't directly or audiblely affect bass waves as in absorption & such.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Cut the sub at 100Hz,set it along the front wall if you can.Along the front wall out of corners subs give good output and less room boomy boom boom.

The carpet will not cut anything,a sub does not reproduce the upper range so carpets dont EAT any sub bass.If Scooterdog has this special and rare SUPER BASS EATER carpet I would like to know where can I buy one.

cwm27.gif

Sub position in the room is critical,as much as is the cutoff and proper balance.

TheEAR(s) Now theears