CD Ripping and Media Servers

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is the Wadia Transport.

I will let somebody else handle this one as I am not familiar with that particular transport.

What is the best sound card for a PC?

For my money any inexpensive sound card which has digital out (either optical or RCA) which would keep the signal digital until it reaches your DAC is as good as it is going to get...spend your money on the DAC as that is where the magic happens.

Also, what is the best software to use to take LP's to a server or CD? How doe Majix rate?

Most any software which is capable of recording raw (PCM) audio from the "line in" jack of your sound card will work fine. Audacity is one choice. I have never used (or heard of) Majix so I can not comment on it.

I was thinking maybe you would consider having someone do a beta run of your robots? If so I am very interested.

I may be interested in working something out along those lines but as I said I doubt I will have the robots ready before the first of the year.

Anyway, if you want to talk further about this lets take it off the forum. You can email me direct at steve AT ripitdigital DOT com. Obviously you will need to remove the spaces and replace the appropriate characters.