Awaiting FedEx for my new 4.1s!

Lanthai

Well, after much hassle with the Z560's from Logitech (I fried 2 amps in a row on them, volume was only set to 50 percent when they went bad) i got a refund from my local source on those, and ordered some 4.1's directly off the Klipsch site, and used overnight delivery option Smile.gif, yes, i know, impatience, but the extra 60 bucks is worth it to get them sooner, i think my neighbors are actually starting to like me now, and that scares me.

So anyhoo, they are supposed to arrive today sometime, and I'm anxious to see if they work straight out of the box, i read so many posts about bad sets etc, but as someone pointed out, a lot of ppl dont post unless they DO have a problem.

Well, I for one am going to post regardless of what the situation is, either:

A) My set will be rockin hard, and the cops probably on thier way.

B) Ill be addressing whatever problem arises, hopefully this wont happen, but if it does so be it.

I have to say though, i called customer service to check on if my shipment had left Klipsch yet (called yesterday) and they were very helpful to me, and Kudos to the support reps there.

Justin, keep up the good work man. I do in game support as a volunteer for an Massively Multiplayer Online game (cant mention the name due to the EULA agreement i have with them) and I think its great you help out without getting paid, i know i do the same thing as well in the gaming world.

Heres to being deaf!!!! (hopefully)

Lanthai...................

------------------

Bleedings ears are not a problem, but when your eyes explode you might want to turn it down some.......

Well, there here! and work just fine so far, they actually sound better than the logitech in my opinion too. Much better high end response, and a lot crisper. Well see how they do though, not gonna say its all good right away, since sometimes problems take awhile to surface.

But so far so good!!

(cept those damn minijacks, ick)

------------------

Bleedings ears are not a problem, but when your eyes explode you might want to turn it down some.......

quote:

Originally posted by Lanthai:

Well, there here! and work just fine so far, they actually sound better than the logitech in my opinion too. Much better high end response, and a lot crisper.

My thoughts exactly... not so boomy bass too Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

I have the 4.1's too. I have had them for a whie now, a few months. If you really want to drop extra money on them, I can walk you through adding banna plugs and better cable. I did this to my satalites and it sounds great. more clear and crisp. Closer to what yu ge from headphones; you hear what you are suposed to rather than just what comes through the speakers... well you still do, but if I really listen I can hear much more fine detail. I spent $38 at radio shack, but most of it was on the blugs. If you want, you can solder the cabls driectly to the leads and use some hot glue to plant them in the wholes with some slack so you don't stress the internal parts. There's not much to say about doing it that way, you drill a hole on the back of each stalite big enough for the cable, you run it through, you separate it a little, strip the ends, solder it to the leads. make sure not to mess up + and - and you will be all set. Then put the satalites back together, pull the wire tight (not hard!) and reinsert two or three inches of cable so you can workon the again easily if you need to. then use hot glue to seal the hole so that the cables can't move. I would actualy reccomend doing it this way rather than bothering with banna plugs. I never take the wires off my stalites anyway. I got a 50' real of premium grade 16 guage cable from RadioShack for $16. I got a small roll of thin solder for $4 and barowed a soldering iron from my friend. I thought it was worth $40 for the upgrade when I was done and doing this way would cost $20. The only problem is that if anything goes wrong with a satalite Klipsch may not give me a waranty on it. So wait a while before you do it.

------------------

I wish I had a space ship.