Recomended Mixer Volume Settings?

Lanthai

Ok, these speakers sound great! I'm just wondering if any of you guys have played around with the windows volume settings and what solution worked best for you as far as what percentage to set the volume output from your windows mixer. Im using a SB Live Value card. Ive got them all set about 3/4 of the way up now and it doesent sound too bad but im curious as to how to get that "perfect" sound.

BTW, i dont notice any hiss at all from these like some folks had complained about, totally clean and clear even when i shut off music and turn speaker volume up.

------------------

Bleedings ears are not a problem, but when your eyes explode you might want to turn it down some.......

quote:

Originally posted by Lanthai:

im curious as to how to get that "perfect" sound.

That comes with more than just tweaking the equalizer. Make sure all the sats are at the sme hiegth if possible and that they have enough room for stereo but not so far away from each other that you have to look at the speaker to hear it... basically, as far away from each other as they are from you, but if they are two feet from you, put them at like 3-4 feet apart from each other. This is the general rule of thumb but sometimes your too close to them for hueristics to work. the placement of hornloaded type speakers can make all the difference, that is why some ppl are amazed at how much better the speakers sound at home than they did at the store.

tweaking the equalizer is something you will have to do trial and error. i have lots of highs and lots of bass, just my preference... the Rock setting on most equalizers with built in presets.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Thanks justin, i set it to the rock setting and it sounds pretty good. Playing around with Power DVD XP 4.0 now and listening to pink floyd the wall on it.

Heh, its really cool how it just takes certain sounds to the back speakers, i like that.....im sure some movies are better than others though...

Any suggestions as far as reduction of port noise on the sub? I noticed some when the bass is cranked up high.......not too bad though if i keep it turned down lower but id like to be able to burst my bass up a bit more without getting that farting sound from the port.....suggestions?

------------------

Bleedings ears are not a problem, but when your eyes explode you might want to turn it down some.......

there is really no way to get rid of port noise. but it should not happen without lots of loud bass, more than any other 4.1 multimedia system Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

I have the Klipsch 4.1 and I keep my main and wav volume at half, line in at about 3/4 just becuas the line out on my disc man is a little quiter. I mute what ever I'm not using to reduce noise. I have an older SB Live 4.1, which is pretty quite compair to the new Live 5.1. However, I keep winamp's volume all the way up most of the time becuase the damn icq message noise is so loud. I keep the volume knob between 20 and 30% most of the time.

About placement. This really is key. Originaly I had my CPU up on the desk and the speakers were firmly up agains the sides of my 21" CRT just under 19" appart on the insides. Then one day, I kicked my computer's *** off the desk (ok, so I gently lowered it to th floor while it was running...) and spread the speakers out as wide as the desk, 42" edge to edge and pushed them back a bit. Now the stereo is much better and I don't have to push the rear speakers as hard. I had them on full gain from the front, now it's not far past even. I also was able to get my monitor centered on the desk better. I just love these speakers so much!

------------------

I wish I had a space ship.