Can my Image X10s be rewired?

lewislink

Hello, I am new to this forum and am a huge Klipsch earphone fan. I have all but 3 of the total number of earphone models available and love the Image X10's sound quality the most among the ones I have, which are:

Custom-1

Custom-2

Custom-3

Image X10

The Image X10's wires have stiffened and the insulation is breaking in various spots exposing the conductors. I have attempted to bandage them with glue and heatshrink, but they continue to break just beyond the bandage. Can they be rewired? I recieved them as a gift from an aquantance and don't have a receipt for any warranty requirements. They were bought on 8/14/08 from Sound Earphones. The aquantance is no longer available so I wouldn't be able to get any sale info.

Thank you

I hope it isn't tru, but the person I talked to at Klipsch CS said they won't warranty my Image X10s because I don't have a receipt. I paid a heck of a lot more than $350 in traded equipment and the Images were shipped, brand new, to me when they were bought. It isn't reasonable that a Klipsch product can't be warranted no matter the original buyer.

If it turns out Klipsch won't help this Klipsch fan, I won't be a happy camper. To me, that's like being screwed. That's the same as telling a loyal customer, "phuck you".

• Moderators

I'm sorry about the trouble you are having.

Unfortunately, because of numerous problems we have had with "gray market" goods, we can only honor warranties for customers who purchase directly from authorized dealers. This policy is outlined in detail here, which is in the footer of all our web pages.

We are not purposely out to make our customers unhappy - it is actually quite the contrary. By encouraging people to only buy from authorized dealers, we are able to ensure the quality of our products and the quality of our service. We simply cannot offer the same level of service for people who purchase goods that may have been altered, cloned, stolen or damaged. This is why we require a receipt of purchase.

I hope you can appreciate our position. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to email me directly. I'll help as much as I can (with the help of our engineers) to see if we can do something with the headphones you have.

• 2 weeks later...

exact same thing happened to me and tthe cs guy was a jerk. Klipsch isnt up to par with companies like Apple, V-moda and many others that can help out a true fan and customer. I just let my wallet do the talking and buy from a company that will honer their end and not make you jump through hoops to prove you are not a "scammer " or thief. Also, the plaatic crap that covers these thin wires have broken on many others hp.