Scott 121-C

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me figure out what one of these is worth.

The one I have is very rough. The faceplate had the edges cut off, so only the middle part is left, and it's not attached in any way, it just floats over the knob stems. Yes, stems, because there are no knobs. Very dirty, just very rough shape overall. I have no idea if it works.

Here's a link http://hifilit.com/hifilit/Scott/121-C.jpg

It's an interesting design piece.

One sold recently on ebay for $565, but it was a primo, mint piece that was likely never used, and included a NEW wood cabinet and the original boxes! http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SCOTT-121-C-TUBE-EQUALIZER-PREAMPLIFIER-BEAUTY_W0QQitemZ120419811288QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item1c09947fd8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Anyway, I've befriended an old guy who stops by my shop and brings me stuff to sell. A few weeks ago he brought in a Dynakit ST-70 that we decided to plug in, even though we knew it was a risk. Nothing seemed to blow up, no smoke or anything, so we brought it back into my listening room and hooked it up to some AR-90's I had in there. We listened to some piano jazz for about half an hour and what a treat that was. I love ST-70's.

This Scott unit is the latest piece he's dropped off. I told him not to expect much because of the condition, but I said I'd try to find out what it's worth.

I feel bad for him, I think he needs the money. He's in his 70's. His business was repairing player pianos and other electro-mechanical machines.

Greg