Network Phasing mains and center chanel

Ok so here is the idea or question that just came to my head and have not seen before on this forum. If you are using LS as your main speakers with type A or AA networks midrange is being feed off the input positive to positive and so is the tweeter. (Woofer too but not a concern at this point). If you are to use a heresy with a type E network as a center channel, off the input if wired like a normal hookup positive to positive the network would take that positive input signal and put the signal to the negative side of the midrange and the tweeter. Wouldn’t this make the center channel midrange and tweeter out of phase from the main speakers and maybe lose some frequencies or sound quality or even output.This is what came to mind today as I was wiring up my center channel that I built my new heresy 1. What are your thoughts.

If it will make a difference I will have to look at my Alk es500-4500 networks and make changes to my center channel.

Of course this may be a dumb question and it is just one of those days.

Most speakers are designed to have a forward (toward the listener) motion on the diaphragms when there is a positive signal applied to the positive (red) input terminal of the speaker system as a whole. Different drivers are wired out of phase with other components in the same cabinet due to the slope of the crossover. Here's a quote from a Wikipedia article...

"It is commonly thought that there will always be a phase
difference of 180° between the outputs of a (second order) low-pass
filter and a high-pass filter having the same crossover frequency. And
so, in a 2-way system, the high-pass section's output is usually
connected to the high frequency driver 'inverted', to correct for this
phase problem. For passive systems, the tweeter is wired with opposite polarity
to the woofer; for active crossovers the high-pass filter's output is
inverted. In 3-way systems the mid-range driver or filter is inverted.
However, this is generally only true when the speakers have a wide
response overlap and the acoustic centers are physically aligned."

Bruce

Most speakers are designed to have a forward (toward the listener) motion on the diaphragms when there is a positive signal applied to the positive (red) input terminal of the speaker system as a whole. Different drivers are wired out of phase with other components in the same cabinet due to the slope of the crossover. Here's a quote from a Wikipedia article...

"It is commonly thought that there will always be a phase difference of 180° between the outputs of a (second order) low-pass filter and a high-pass filter having the same crossover frequency. And so, in a 2-way system, the high-pass section's output is usually connected to the high frequency driver 'inverted', to correct for this phase problem. For passive systems, the tweeter is wired with opposite polarity to the woofer; for active crossovers the high-pass filter's output is inverted. In 3-way systems the mid-range driver or filter is inverted. However, this is generally only true when the speakers have a wide response overlap and the acoustic centers are physically aligned."

Bruce

Correct, this i understand from setting up car audio for SQ reproduction.

The main question is how the polarity is on a set of speakers for a surround sound system in a home theater for example. If using Khorn or Ls as mains with type a or aa networks and a heresy 1 center channel, the center channel mid and tweeter will be out of phase with the main speakers.If I were to use a CW1 as a center channel all the speakers would be in phase with the main speakers. Same as if I were to use a third LS as the center.Why wouldn’t we want to have the Heresy 1 in phase with the rest of the system.

It would be like getting a 5.1 system in a box that each speaker is a 3 way and having the center mid and highs out of phase with the rest of the system.