IndyFest 2009 TAMF09 - Roadie Wear

What is proper roadie attire?

The black Klipsch tee shirt has been established. Michael is preparing some backstage pass type of IDs.

Any other recommendations?

Swimsuit has been suggested for using the pool at the park ...

I'm thinking at least sneakers no matter how much the day may scream sandals. Or at least sneakers while moving equipment though hard to run down anyone trying to make off with any of Micchael's equipment...

Suggestions?

Black Klipsch Tshirts are de rigeur, any era. Bring a couple spares if it's really hot. We should be able to stay in shade most of the day.

Shorts or swimmies, preferably dark (always wear dark gear when roadieing so you aren't caught in the lights (we aren't to be seen)

SHOES of some sort. Flippie floppies are dangerous around heavy gear and getting up and down off stage. Good point Ben. Dont' want any injuries on my watch.

I'm wearing a work shirt for load in then changing. Bring a couple spares if it's really hot.

Bring a TOWEL, because you always need to know where your towel is.

Sunscreen if you burn up easily.

I may actually bring my work boots for the heavy gear hauling. Plain toed. I still have steel toed work boots somewhere but they hurt my toe. I will however switch to some tennies once the heavy work is over. Sandals for Saturday night.

Towel. Doh! I would've brought a couple anyway but maybe not one for roadie work. Duh. Got to towel off. As it's daylight and won't be much heavy duty stage lighting I hope blue jean shorts are ok.

I'd worry more about my ghostly pale legs being caught in the lights than my shorts.

p.s. I'm also planning on wearing my black Klipsch ball cap. Easier to see in the bright sun and easier on the eyes as well as helps keep the sweat out of one's eyes.

HA, I rarely wear caps- not with hair like this! LOL [H]

There will be picnic benches backstage, but you guys might toss in a fave lawn chair for sitting and relaxing and enjoying the tunes! I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of ya get in a nap Saturday afternoon. [|-)]

HA, I rarely wear caps- not with hair like this! LOL Cool

Sure rub it in. [:S] My hair starts to look like Bozo the Clown's when it gets very long... so it's now short. About 1/2" all around. Cool, exposes the scalp to the sun, so I wear a cap - or a sun hat but my fashion police children won't let me wear any sunhats in public. Maybe I'll bring a couple so y'all can laugh.... but they do work.

There will be picnic benches backstage, but you guys might toss in a fave lawn chair for sitting and relaxing and enjoying the tunes! I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of ya get in a nap Saturday afternoon. Sleep

So will all the bass backstage sort of be like a massage or just feel more like getting punched in the gut?

That might be me napping, even as a child I fell asleep on concrete steps at the Indiana State Fair one year...

• 10 months later...