Harman Kardon AVR 8000

DVois

Surprise surprise I tested this unit

The K/K 8000 is one of the largest recievers you will see,its the deepest reciever on the market.Weighs 50lbs(not too heavy,the 5800 and VSX49 weigh over 60lbs).Oh yes off topic but give the Pioneer VSX47 a look(listen)its a winner abd bests the Denon 4802 with ease!

The soundquality in two channel mode is very good(read better when compared to Denon or Onkyo)much thanks ti its very high quality power amp.Not agressive,not too laid back its a fine balance.It has plenty of reserve for a reciever rated at "only" 110W per channel(all channels driven full bandwith)its a high cirrect amp +/- 75AMPS!

Used as a HT piece the H/K shows its explosive power,has all the power you may ever need if you use Klipsch and this beast can even drive Dynaudios with no trouble.The amp runns hot,quite hot.

Plus you have quality binding posts on the back,unlike the cheap garbage posts found on Denon,Yamaha,Onkyo and Pioneer.This is important if you use spade conectors as I do.

The inputs and outs are in abundance,the layout on the back is corrsct.Nothing fancy.

All in all its a powerhouse reciever with a real power amp.Recomended you bet.I just hate the plasticky front and cheapo feel of the volume and buttons.Besides that its A ok.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Dvois, I have the 7000 and just love it. I have adopted a few different receivers over the years, but this one just sounds great. It's musical capability is just wonderful. TheEar is right on all accounts. The 8000 is the updated version of the 7000. The size could definitely be an issue though. I think it is 19" plus deep, it sticks out the front and back of my stand. The 8000 can be had online for competitive pricing if you choose that route. You may want to call JandR, I got my 7000 from them at a nice price. Good luck!

JT

------------------

Enjoy and Happy Listening!