LG PC Blu-ray player for home theater? Which one?

substance-p

My Pc crapped out on me and is getting a total overhaul (I don't think anything will remain the same). My computer guy is helping me set this one up to take residence in my new HT room. I was thinking about putting an LG Blu-ray player in as I don't currently have a Blu-ray. He has one of the older models in (GGC-H20L) that plays Blu-ray and HDDVD: however, I am wondering if the quality of this player would be as high as a PS3 (for example), or if I should go with one of LG's newer models for a little more coin (GBC-H20L).

Does anyone have any feedback on PC based LG Blu-ray drives in general or on either of those models in particular?

Thanks.

Can't say I'm intimately familiar with every model of BD drive LG has ever made, so I wouldn't know the difference between the two models you mentioned, but...

I have a GGW-H20L that I am very pleased with. I only use it on my computer, though, I have a standalone player in the living room. I get great picture and sound on my computer, I can play both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray and I can also burn Blu-Rays. I got it for $159 at newegg.