Jeff Beck DVD

tom b. 57

I just finished endulging myself in the Jeff Beck, performing this week...live at Ronnie Scott's dvd. Man I thouroughly enjoyed this one.

I am just amazed at the level of his performance at this venue.

The one and only time I seen him in person was in the mi to late 70's. I don't remeber exactly what year, or month for that matter. Things are a little hazy in that time period for me. I do remember that I was totally floored with his performance back then.

Now that I think about it, he was playing with Jan Hammer. It must have been around 75' or 76'. I beleive he opened for Aerosmith and Aerosmith sucked.

Wow, it's starting to come back! Could this be a break through?

Has anyone else enjoyed this dvd? If so, what are your thoughts?

Tom

Haven't seen that DVD, but I also saw him in the mid seventies, either 75 or 76 in San Antonio, he opened for John McLaughlin. It was the first concert I ever attended; I've only been to a handful of concerts in my life not counting the ones I perform. As a guitar player now for the last 40 years, I was deeply impressed and am still influenced by both Jeff and John. Here's a picture of me playing...

post-16099-13819476502364_thumb.jpg

My brother sent me the DVD (10 bucks at Wally World). I've been a big Beck fan from the 60's. This DVD is a good mix of his music. He starts off with Beck's Bolero (not Ola, edited) so I was sucked right in, he has such a fine touch on the guitar. It's a nicely produced DVD, the small venue makes it special.

Thanx, Russ