best sub under $3000

toussi1

Sure sure

Their poor list does not even have...

1) Revel B15 beats this Earthquake sub in output and in quality is night and day.

2)SVS Ultra(pair and Samson 1000 amp)take the Earthquake to the school and back and dig as deep as 16Hz with awesome power.

3)Velodyne HGS-18(why compare to a long discontinued FSR-1800 when a better,more powerful HGS-18 is here?)

Clean and abyss deep bass

4)JBL Pro dual 15" sub,Kenratboy can tell you this beast is clean clean and has monster output.And can be had fow way way under $3000 grand even with a Crown amp.I heard these in the JBL Sythesis super system...GOOD GOD

Now if outputs at 20 and 30 Hz are compared you will see the Earthquake while great is no t at the top anymore.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

It seems to me that a lot of subs fall into one of two catgories: those that are musical but not as dramatic on DVD LFEs and those that shake the rafters but are not particularily lifelike when it comes to music. I would opt more for the former than the latter but I guess the trick is to decide what you want most out of a sub. There are some that are a good compromise betweeen the two. I like my Klipsch LH10s for music but I hear good things about Rel and the new Klipsch reference subs when it comes to musicality also. HSU subs seem to get rate high in value (good buys). After the novelty wears off explosions and car crashes get a little boring IMHO. But it's only my opimion.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

I guess you have a point.

Let me refrase my statement: The best subwoofer you can have for under $1500 (where most peoples budget is). I don't think its fare comparing a dual SVS to anything unless your just considering price. For the cost of Single CS-Ultra subwoofer w/Samson amp package ($1400), i think the earthquake is the winner.

If you think its fare comparing SVS-ultra pairs, than why don't we compare TWO Earthquake MKIV-12 to two SVS ultra (can be had for $2000 total online).

HGS-18 - can't find cheaper than $2000 thus over our limit, plus too big and heavy.

Revel - too expensive way over $1500

JBL - don't know, and haven't seen anywhere... maybe you can show me a link.

I think you would have to agree for $1500 it really can't be beat unless you build your own something...

------------------

http://www.autodirectsave.com

Around $1500 huh... OK

One SVS Ultra with a Samson amp,still bests the Earthquake in LF.

I heard the 15" and 12" Earthquake units,quite good output.Like a large Sunfire They are a great value for sure,best value dont think so.

Or you can get two SVS CS Plus and a Samson 600 amp within $1500.And the SVS still gets the SPL win.

Bottom line,SVS packs the most SPL for the dollar,any way you look(listen).

TheEAR(s) Now theears