Safe SubWoofer Placement

ezdriver

Hi. I'm a new owner of the 4.1's and have a question about the safe placement of the subwoofer. I previously had a fairly weak speaker system and could place the sub right next to my tower case. This would help to get it out of the way of my big feet. Anyway, I'm a bit concerned now that I have the 4.1 series. It is obviously a very strong sub and has a pretty hefty magnetic field (I assume the sub is not shielded). My concern is if I place the sub too close to my case, could it have an effect on the hard drive? What is a good 'safe' rule-of-thumb distance I should use to insure that no possible data corruption occurs? Or am I totally off-base with this question? Thanks, all, I really enjoy this forum....very informative.

This message has been edited by ezdriver on 02-25-2002 at 09:41 AM

just to be safe, keep it away from the computer. some people do not think that it can cause a problem. some ppl put their sub right next to their computer, but this is not a good idea, if not becaues of the chance of the unshielded sub woofer's magnetic fields, but it is not really good to have a woofer pointed into a wall Smile.gif click here on how to setup your system, just ignore the center speaker Smile.gif

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/trash/90/id54.htm

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• 2 weeks later...

The 2.1 and 4.1 subwoofers use the same woofers,the 6" drivers dont have huge magnets and cannot damage computers.Unless your computer case is open or sits on the sub!?

The vibration is worse,as hard disks dont like vibrations.

Just keep the computer cas 2 feet or more from the sub and you should be fine.

TheEAR(s) Now theears