Z-560's are on the verge of death...

AudioMan2703

Well they are making god awful noises whenever a 89-109Hz frquency hits them. The port is the problem. Its not noticibly loose but it must not be tight enough if it rattles. If you push on it like i said it goes away. Im not looking for help, i just want to tell everybody im returning them and getting a new set. They sound like a dying animal that is being eaten by lions! Lol! but its not really finny since i have no idea how long it takes buy.com to send a new one! Pray for me, im going to have to hook up my boston ba735's!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

"Im a newbie at anything physical,but i can talk alot"-Me

"I don't know why i visit these boards,i don't even own the promedias."

"You will see more quotes by me"

"Like this one"

"Pushy little children, with their fully automatics, they like to push the weak around!"- System Of A Down

"Drink Redkabul, we get our water from other bottles of water, we can't make our own because our country is dirty and disgusting."- kid in my class

"Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then its a scavenger hunt."

"Its not the pollution thats killing the oceans and trees, its the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." -Former gov't guy

Well, at least they work, i had 2 sets of those Z560s and the amp fried in both of them. My Klipsch's are working flawlessly so far and im happy i spent the extra 100 bucks or so on them.

Get your money back man, get some reliable speakers.

------------------

Bleedings ears are not a problem, but when your eyes explode you might want to turn it down some.......

They aren't not reliable. I just got a set with a bad whatever. Im still going with these because i just hate the god awful noises i've heard with the Pro 4.1.(At Best Buy, if it makes any difference) The port noise is way to loud and they sound like a constant "Bright" fest with all that highs.IMO.

The Z-560 sound better and they are 100 bucks less. So they aren't as reliable as Klipsch. They are new to high end speakers anyway. They'll learn.cwm30.gif

------------------

GreenDay Rules!

"Like this one"

"Pushy little children, with their fully automatics, they like to push the weak around!"- System Of A Down

"Drink Redkabul, we get our water from other bottles of water, we can't make our own because our country is dirty and disgusting."- kid in my class

"Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then its a scavenger hunt."

"Its not the pollution thats killing the oceans and trees, its the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." -Former gov't guy

I've got some more bad news on my speakers. They are now making a loud crackling noise with any bass frequncy. They have never crackled before, just a buzz. They are dying, im going to box these up tonight!

------------------

GreenDay Rules!

"Like this one"

The sub just died! Was it the amp? The satelites also crackle a little.

------------------

GreenDay Rules!

"Like this one"

Your problem sounds like amp related problems.90% sure about this one.Its very rare the woofer has problems.

Was the amp hot when it started creating probvlems?

If it was then its amp related for sure.I had a ProMedia 2.1 and the amp was boiling hot even when the sub was in standby! cwm3.gif

Returned the set to the dealer and got Quintets and a KSW12(to use with my spare Celeste integrated).

No problems since

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ear,

I didn't touch it while it was playing, right after though. It wasn't hot at all. Just warm. The sub died on me too. It won't make any noises! It sometimes cuts back in but thats after about 1 minute. And its not the connections im sure. Im getting a replacement sub as im talking now. I just faxed them a proof of purchase.

------------------

GreenDay Rules!

"Like this one"

So, i shouldn't blast them? Thats sounds kinda rediculous to me because thats what they are made for. I never blasted them full volume and only once in a while i had it over 3\4ths of the way up. And just slightly. There was no distortion at those volume levels. There has to be a way to get these things loud without the amp burning out, right? Please tell me this was a one time occurance!

------------------

GreenDay Rules!

"Like this one"

Who am I Logitech support on the Klipsch BB? LOL

Seriously this is rare,unless I read a message like "Its my third set dammit" LOL

Logitech,Klipsch and even VideoLogic speakers fail,the amps fail.Its all part of the game,its rare and you should have trouble free speakers.If you get another stinker set just get a lottery ticket..you may win BIG.

TheEAR(s) Now theears