Crazytubepower is back

Well I hate to pile on the kid and I don't like bringing this up, but I'm left wondering if I had I brought this up initially maybe someone wouldn't have trusted the kid's character and wouldn't be out a substantial amount of money.

A few years ago I posted an ad for selling a preamp on LA Craigslist. Young Mr. Eland responded to my ad asking if I'd be interested in trading the preamp for his tuner (the very one that he was desperate to sell here). I responded to him that I wasn't interested as I had no need for a tuner. I received a response that was extremely rude, filled with profanity, and disturbed me longer than it should have. It's not something I could post here. Wondering if he could have possibly mistaken that e-mail for someone else, I sent the kid a reply asking why he would respond to me in such a way and also letting him know he owed me an apology. I never heard from him again and I know he wasn't aware that he was dealing with a member of this forum.

Had the response been from some anonymous person, I would have brushed it off almost immediately. That he was a frequent poster on this forum made it that much more disturbing. He had also joined the S. Cal Hornheads Yahoo group that I started. Knowing that this group was put together to foster sharing our systems with each other (and that did happen on occasion) I knew I could not have him in my house had I ever hosted a listening session at my place. I also figured others might not want that either had they been aware of his character. While he seemed polite on this forum and in the Hornhead exchanges he had, I got a glimpse of what he was really like. Thus, I eventually decided to remove his membership. I even struggled with that as I didn't want to make that decision on my own -- after all, the group belonged to everybody. But in order to solicit other's opinions, I would have had to share that e-mail with them, so months later I eventually decided to take the action on my own without other consutation.

Yes, it is a smaller world than he thinks.