Indy JAZZ Fest

colterphoto1

Klipsch as a sponsor. Cool. Glad to see some advertising and marketing intiatives get some attention. Now if they could just use some killer Klipsch PA rigs at the Indy Jazz fest....

I'm not sure I know all of the following people were from Indianapolis listed in the brochure Michael posted but in any case I'd kind of forgotten...

Locally born and raised jazz innovators such as Wes Montgomery, J.J. Johnson, Freddie Hubbard and Slide Hampton, to name a few, developed their talent right here in Indianapolis and brought that talent to the rest of the jazz world

Wes Montgomery, J.J. Johnson, Freddie Hubbard, Slide Hampton .... to name a few.... Maybe the rest aren't as well known but even if only those 4 that's some very heavy talent.

They've moved locations from Military Park to White RIver amphitheater. They used to have the main stage and a couple of auxillary stages, don't know what the setup will be like this year. The big stage is BIG- no way do we qualify for that one. But a couple of MCM sets or KP600's would probably easily work for a secondary stage!

If anyone at Klipsch picks up on this, this is kind of what I've been aiming for during the last year or so. Wouldn't it be cool for the company to sponsor an event and have their own gear being used on the stage- hey if it's good enough for the stage, I should buy it for my HOME, right? Marketing genius! It's the kind of thing that they could probably never afford to do with the pro cinema gear and the theater chains, but we could swing a concert or two!

M

They've moved locations from Military Park to White RIver amphitheater. They used to have the main stage and a couple of auxillary stages, don't know what the setup will be like this year. The big stage is BIG- no way do we qualify for that one. But a couple of MCM sets or KP600's would probably easily work for a secondary stage!

I wasn't suggesting that Roadies do the main stage though I think you could probably do a smaller secondary stage very well.

Maybe someone with a system like the forum member who has a 24 cabinet KP600 based rig could do the main stage? Maybe still not big enough? 24 cabinets - is that 3 complete stereo systems? I've not looked at a pic in quite a while.

If anyone at Klipsch picks up on this, this is kind of what I've been aiming for during the last year or so. Wouldn't it be cool for the company to sponsor an event and have their own gear being used on the stage- hey if it's good enough for the stage, I should buy it for my HOME, right? Marketing genius! It's the kind of thing that they could probably never afford to do with the pro cinema gear and the theater chains, but we could swing a concert or two!

That's kind of the way I've been thinking. Just getting the Klipsch name associated with things like the Indy Jazz Fest can only help... even better if some Klipsch equipment would be used. Though may not want to create too big a demand for Klipsch PA type gear when they don't really make it.... Though I'm sure multiple MCM Theater Grand systems could be configured for concert / music venue use though more appropriate for permanent installs than travelling rigs due to the weight of those MWM and MSSM bins. The 402 and 510 horns and drivers don't look too heavy.

Maybe more along the lines of if this 20 to 30 year old system sounds this awesome maybe I should buy it for my HOME? But I guess if they know it's 20 to 30 years old then they're one of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check the Backstage pass area for reports from Jazz Fest. I met with organizers tonight and will be a blogger/photographer for the festival on a volunteer basis. Hey it's a week worth of jazz credentials, can't go to wrong with that!

Cool. Expecting some cool photos. [8][8][H][8][8]

A majority of my assignment is 'field' reporting with maybe an occasional glimpse backstage, so most of my musician photos will be from the pit or audience. Still, you guy know my style so there will be a variety. Interview with sponsors, photos of the many diverse food vendors, audience shots etc. And you KNOW with Colter around there'll be lots and lots of shots of techie stuff! LOL