Should I change out my KG-4's for an In-wall speaker?

Lisa Tallman

Can anyone comment on the sound of In-wall Klipsch speakers to floor standing KG-4's? My current configuration is Quartet's in the front, KG-4's for the rear, a center channel (just a Klipsch book shelf speaker), and a Klipsch SW-8 subwoofer. Using a Denon AVR-2801 as the receiver. Two questions are can an In-wall compete with the KG-4's if so which one? And what would you recommend upgrading to for a center channel?

Welcome to the forum. If I were to give you a "knee-jerk" answer I would say no to in-walls. I have not demoed any in-wall's but if I was to recommemd any I would say the THX line. Personally, I suggest you find another Quartet or an Acadamy for your center channel.

Post your general location and we will help you find one near you area.

Bill

I don't have room for another Quartet for my center channel and I have been on-line trying to fine an Academy center speaker for most of the day. According to all that I have read it does appear that the Academy speaker is best when used with the "Heritage" type of speakers. Thanks for the imput! I would love to hear the THX line but as my location is in the Kansas city area, there were no dealers listed. The closest option for listening to a wide range of Klipsch speakers was Tulsa, OK.

Isnt there a dealer in Overland Park anymore? I was just there like 6 months ago. They were located either on 135th or 151st just east of Metcalf. They were super nice and liked to talk about their gear. Hard to find in this day and age.

EDIT: Yeah they are called Accent Sound, here is their website http://www.accentsound.com/frame.htm

It was there that I demoed a pair of FoCal Chorus 826's. I liked them so much I am thinking of going with them.[:o]