Cornwall/Chorus Size

consistent

Hi Guys,

I am pondering a build of either a Cornwall or Chorus and was wondering if anyone has plans or an idea of cubic feet of the boxes for optimising the woofer. I know the Corns use a slot with a K33 and the Chorus a passive with a 15" woofer (probably no longer available) so it also begs the question has anyone attempted a 'Cornus' ! PWK use to liken the Chorus to the Cornwall and the Forte to the Heresy but with a little more bottom end octave.

Ideas, plans and thoughts would be greatly appreciated and I think I will enventually turn to Al K and Bob for networks and drivers.

Cheers

There is a thread with Cornwall plans. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/100374/1015195.aspx#1015195

You can also search for Lets Build a Cornwall Clone on the forum.

It seems to me that the CW would be easier in that the plans are there and drivers are certainly available in U.S. Presumably Bob C or someone will ship from the U.S. to you.

You can search the main website for info on the Chorus I and II. Please note the Chorus I has two tube ports IIRC. Therefore no passive. As you say the Chorus II had the passive. Drivers and horns for these might be more diffficult to come by.

I don't see why you couldn't build a taller CW with a more square footprint (which is pretty much the Chorus I) but you'd have to study up a bit on the revised port.

You might also search for the Cornscala projects which use the longer K-400 horn from the LaScala-Khorn.

Wm McD