Need help with Right, Left, and Center in-wall speakers?

Lovejnes

Hi and welcome, firstly, is inwalls a must, reason for asking is with inwalls you leave yourself with very limited options for upgrading and you are limiting yourself to speaker selection. Though inwalls do have a nice look about them when they are flushed to wall but they do lack the physical presence of something like the RF7.

I don’t know much at all about inwalls – hopefully someone else can chime in and help out. Good luck in your search.. many say around here that Onkyo is a fantastic receiver for HT

I just ordered some R-5502-W's as my rear speakers. Their specs look good on paper. I get them installed this Tues so i will let you know how they sound. Keep in mind that these are not my main speaker so my purposes are a little different. I think the consensus around here is that it preferable to have regular enclosed speakers for best performance. Which ones are you considering? I haven't been able to find any feedback on the inwall speakers so I am going off faith in Klipsch that they wouldn't let me down. I am a HUGE fan of their products. I wish i had more and more money to invest in them ... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reminder to this post. I did get them installed and I like them a lot. They are a little brighter in sound than my RF-10's but for surround they seem to do the trick. Personally I don't think I would use in walls as my mains as they lack the bass you would get from an enclosed configuration. There isn't enough room for a custom box where I have them installed. Nonetheless they are great speakers for my intents and purposes but again, not sure that I would be sattisfied with them if they were my mains. I will try to post pics as soon as i figure out how to do it.

Posted Image

Posted Image