Complete RF-52 Home Theater vs RF-62

C-T

Hey all, new here. I'm have a dilema and could really use some advice. I looking to purchase a used but in great condition 4yr old complete RF-52 HT for $1000 which I'm sure you know includes: RF-52, RC-52, RS-42, RW-10. I already have the Klipsch Sub-10 but it could be sold to put towards a new receiver. Current one is a Yamaha HTR-5240. I've found I could probably piece together a new RF-62 HT without the sub for around $1350.

So $1000 complete used RF-52 HT or $1350 for the RF-62 new and keep my Sub-10. My room is small 10' x 13' and because of a 2-month old, I'll probably only be listening from low to mid volume. Not sure if the 6.5's would be overkill.

I'm coming from a Fluance AV-HTB system so couldn't be more excited about the upgrade! [:D] Thanks in advance for the advice!

Hey C-T,

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. For that size room, the RF-52 system is a good choice. All for $1000.00, even better. I just want to warn you, upgrade fever comes like a 'thief in the night'. When you least expect it. Most advice on this forum will be for you to get the best you can afford. If you can afford the RF-62 system(minus sub) and use your Sub10, then get it. It would be better down the road if you were to move somewhere with a larger room. Post in youur signature your general area where you live. We like to help others find things(a/v equipment) around where we live. others will chime in soon.

Bill

PS

Beautiful baby, congradulations.

Thanks guys for the great info and compliment. The little one doesn't
seem as cute at 3:00am every morning but yeah we're proud Wink Aside from bass extension, I'm wondering if there would be a noticeable
difference in the clarity of the mids and highs on the 2 sizes. I know
both the center and fronts have the same tweeters and horns but looks
like they're crossed differently. Also any chance the speakers alone
could fix the problem of constantly having to ride the volume or is
that more concerned with the receiver? Mine does have 3 compression
settings which helps but gives an unnatural sound when quieting louder
noises. Well, going over $1K is really more than I wanted to go but if
there's enough difference to make it worth it, and it's not a necessary
upgrade between the Sub-10 and RW-10 then I'll probably go the rf-62
route.

I should also mention I use the system for 95% movies/games and
only about 5% music if that makes a difference. Thanks again!

The 62's should have more bass extension and be able to player louder and cleaner. I don't think the sub 10 will have a hard time keeping up with either speaker as long as the sub is dialed in correctly. I agree about the upgrade fever. If you don't get the 62's you'll always wonder "what if" and then eventually it will cost you more later down the road.