rf-7,rf-63 or rf-83

hi ,Icurrently have rf-63's run off of a mcintosh 275 and a rogue metis preamp and would like any input on comparing these speakers to the returned rf-7 and the rf-83's.i am coming down w/ a case of upgradeitis and need some help on a cure.would i be wasting my hard earned money on either the rf7 orf83s over my now loved rf63s

Thanks to any and all for thier input,Brian

It's a toss up.

I'm not sold by the new laid back approach in the upper registry of the current line up, where as the previous one was in your face rock and roll non stop! Unfortunatley that in your face sound came at a cost with shrills in the upper registry which can be adjusted with a few tweaks with the RF 7's (DeanG mod).

Cheapest option is to get more consumable media to enjoy on your current sound system instead of replacing everything. Though fun it is costly.

It's a toss up.

I'm not sold by the new laid back approach in the upper registry of the current line up, where as the previous one was in your face rock and roll non stop! Unfortunatley that in your face sound came at a cost with shrills in the upper registry which can be adjusted with a few tweaks with the RF 7's (DeanG mod).

Cheapest option is to get more consumable media to enjoy on your current sound system instead of replacing everything. Though fun it is costly.

Myself, I like the new, different sound of the 83's over the RF 7's..............to me, less strain on my ears and I can listen for longer periods. JMHO.

If your happy with the 63's , just relax and enjoy.................(I know you want the latest and Greatest..........don't we all ) !

Montigue231 ,thanks for suggesting that review from mcgoo,i thought with the two 10" woofers bass might be increased but the the review says not necissarily the case.even if it is i would be wise not to drop 2 grand on a parralell move.And I do love the rf-63's

I agree not to spend two grand on a parallel move, but given what I've seen used RF-7s sell for here recently,I would consider that option especially if you are going to be using these speakers for two channel and you have a sturdy amp.

From what I understood from Mcgoo's thread was that he needed a seamless match across his Front soundstage for Home Theater and there was no way the RC-7 would work with his new monitor. Imo, there is a reason they brought the RF-7s back and for two channel I can't imagine that they wouldn't be an upgrade to the RF-63s...How much of an upgrade and at what price would be the delimma because the RF-63s are nice speakers. My 2 cents. :-)