RS-10's with F2's and C2?

Klorslug

Would the RS-10’s sound alright with the Synergy F2 mains and C2 center?

The reason I ask is that the only authorized dealer around here (Hamilton, Ontario) that carries Synergy is Best Buy and they only carry the S-1 and Icon VS-14.

Not what I’m looking for, frequency response too high (95hz) and sensetivity too low (88 dB).

The closest reference series spec wise to the S-2’s would be the RS-10 (82 Hz, 91 dB)

Just wondering since the Reference series has Titanium tweeters and Cerametalic woofers compared to the Aluminum and IMG of synergy

Hanx, Jaymz

Hanx for the link Wuzzer.

I talked to the wife this morrning and mentioned something I thought would peak the WAF meter into the red zone... " if I were to get another pair of F-2's on sale for side surrounds it would cost 30 bucks LESS than ordering the S-2's online"

Well she likes that idea BETTER than the S-2's!!! [:D]

The main reason is she doesn't want the left side surround on the wall above the picture frame 'cause one horn would be firing up the stairs at our 13 month olds room.

So hopefully I'll be going to Best Buy tonight. Great sale going on till Thursday F-2 $399/pair, F-3 $499/pair, Sub-12 $299/ea.

So I moved one of my F-2's to where it'll be for the left surround. The only problem I can see is it's not an optimal position for the LS surround, a little further forward than I'd like as you can see in the pictures I'm attaching. Hanx again.

Jaymz

post-36242-138194881438_thumb.jpg

Do you already have F2s on the side or did you just put them there to show where you would be installing the new ones if you got them?

Is there any way you can move your couch over slightly to be able to put the F2 between the couch and the cabinet next to it?

And, while you're at it, may as well pick up another Sub-12 and get the F3s for $499 and move your current F2s to side surrounds. You know you want to!! [:D]

Do you already have F2s on the side or did you just put them there to show where you would be installing the new ones if you got them?

Thats one of my Mains I moved from the front.

Is there any way you can move your couch over slightly to be able to put the F2 between the couch and the cabinet next to it?

Didn't think I'd have the room to do it but they do fit, but they were too low 'cause of how high the couch is, then I remembered I had some end tables down stairs so I thought I'd try something to see if it would work and it looks like it will. Wasn't sure if the wife would like it but when she came home and saw what I'd done she did!!! [:o] So looks like I'll pick up another pair of F-2's

And, while you're at it, may as well pick up another Sub-12 and get the F3s for $499 and move your current F2s to side surrounds. You know you want to!! Big Smile

Oh man I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO tempted. Thought about it more than once today but money's too tight, I'm spendin' some of the money I was savin' for a new TV. Plus with the broken wrist sick pay's gonna be kinda slim. [:(]

post-36242-1381948819419_thumb.jpg

That's almost identical to how I have my KG 3.5s set up as side surrounds and I think they work very well. Mine are a little farther away from the couch and are sitting on stands that are only about 5" tall so that the drivers sit slightly higher than the couch.

You could always get a pair of Synergy B series bookshelf speakers as surrounds if money is tight right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Speakers-1-Pair-B-2-Klipsch-Synergy-B2-PAIR-NEW_W0QQitemZ200298497929QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item2ea2b88789&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Picked up the F-2's yesterday.

But now I'm wonderin if The F-3's would match up well with the C-2?

Still Have one more day to get the F-3's at the sale price and now I'm not sure if I want to order them for fronts and return the F-2's, or should I just stick with the new F2's

Also only have 90 wpc from my pitifull little Sony (STR-DE598)

Any suggestions ?? [*-)]

(Man upgradeitis sucks!!)

You could use the F3s with a C2 but a C3 would obviously be the perfect match. C3s are very difficult to find, so keep that in mind.

I think at this point you should look into a new receiver, considering your comment about it.

Looks like on eBay STR-DE598s have sold for about $75 tops. You could sell your Sony plus the Quintets and use the money towards a new receiver.

Lots of people on here have had good success with Harman/Kardon, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo and Marantz receivers.

I think at this point you should look into a new receiver, considering your comment about it.

Yeah that's probably my best bet right now. Here's the 2 I'm lookin at;

Marantz SR-7001 $400 US (haven't heard back if they'll ship to Canada)

Marantz SR-5500 $395 US (includes Shipping to Canada) http://ca.marantz.com/Products/316.asp#

The SR5500 doesn't have HDMI but not using anything with HDMI yet. Still only 90wpc, but 90wpc Marantz vs. 90wpc Sony

The SR5500 doesn't have HDMI but not using anything with HDMI yet. Still only 90wpc, but 90wpc Marantz vs. 90wpc Sony

Get the Greatest, lastest technology , you can afford............to cut out the Up Grade Ites............and improve the WAF !