Lascala in/near Arkansas

kdcarroll

Looking to buy a pair of Lascalas in/near Arkansas.

We have Lascalas in all the rehearsal facilities at ASU; I am very interested in hearing how these great speakers will sound in my room, and compare them with my Heresy. Anybody have A/B thoughts? The room is 18 by 13, ten foot ceiling, speakers on long wall.

Ken

Hey Doc, good for you. I love my La Scala's in my home. The are exceptional speakers, as you know.

Keep your eye on your local Craigslist. I see them come up every couple of weeks. Search the Electronics section for Klipsch and see what comes up. It is a great time to be looking at the used market. If they are older, remember you will need to set a side $300 or so for new crossovers. Or you can rebuild them yourself for cheaper if you are so inclined. Ebay is also a popular place to look for them, but shipping can be a deal breaker.

Good Luck in your search,

Dennie

Compared to Heresies, La Scalas will play deeper, clearer and louder with the same power supplied to them. They'll be a big improvement, but have similar timbre, since they're both from the Heritage Series, so both will sound good together in a multi-channel system if you have one.

As for crossovers, normally all that would need to be replaced would be the capacitors, which aren't very expensive and are easy to change. If the speakers sound fairly good as you find them, changing the caps is something you can do at your convenience and would not be an immediate concern.