Parallel monster cable conductors for my Forte's?

jdbeachbum

Does anyone have input about paralleling the conductors in a monster cable for my speakers? I have probably 500' of 4 conductor, 16 gauge, monster cable that I want to use up for my speakers. I can hook them up with a single pair of course but was wondering if it would gain anything if i paralleled together 2 wires for the positive and 2 for the negative which will double the gauge of the wire. Would any sound be lost or gained with this set-up?

Jack

starquad.gifStar-quad connected wire has less inductance and will give improved high-end on long runs.

http://www.canare.com/UploadedDocuments/Star%20Quad%20-%20Speaker%20Cable.pdf

There is an article here using Klipsch theater speakers and 10ga star-quad connected wire. In one theater a 5dB difference at 20Khz was measured.

http://www.hps4000.com/pages/mainpage.html

6chxl__07.gif

How long are your runs? Really long? If you are 15 feet or less, a single run would work. Otherwise you could double or even make quad cables, you just have to come up with a workable termination design. I don't think sonics are that affected. The cable design make more difference than bi or quad wire.

Thanx, Russ

The runs aren't that long. One will be 15' and the other 25'. Heck, if it doesn't hurt doubling up then I might as well. It isn't costing me anything but my time. Will probably use banana clips so they will easily go together and keep the guesswork out of it later whenever I have to play with my receiver. Thanks,

Jack