RC-62 good match?

AUGIE

I'm going through and trying to upgrade my old system, SB-2s, SC-1, SS-.5s, and a KSW-12 to a better Refrence based system. I got a deal on a set of RB-51s for 150 bucks and I just won a RC-62 for 240 last night off ebay. I plan on replacing the SB-2s with the RB-51s and replaceing the old Synergy SC-1 with the RC-62, will this be an okay match with the bigger center? This set up will be for 80% movie/TV watching and 20% music. Also what rear surrounds would you recommend from the Refrence line? Thanks

• Like 1

Your RC-62 is a bit big for RB-51 front mains, but it'll allow you to upgrade them in the future if you want without having to upgrade your center speaker. If you're 80% movies/TV then you'll really like having the RC-62.

RS-42s from the current Reference lineup are excellent, although you can certainly go with older Reference such as the RS-25, RS-35, etc.

I had a smaller reference system and sold some RS-25's. They did a good job with the system, but I would look at the new generation surrounds. Try to find a pair of RS-52's or better yet RS-62's. I would also go for the center channel.

As for the rears, look for RB-35's or RB-51's. Your surrounds should envelope the sound field and your rear speakers should radiate toward your seating area.

All of this is predicated on the assumption that you, like most of us, will upgrade again and with this set-up you can just upgrade the towers first. [6]

Happy hunting.

Thanks I do like the new style of the rears but will have to measure to see if I have clearence. This will be for a 5.1 set up otherwise I could use the RB-51s for the back, didn't think of that, and get some RB-61s for the front. Still lookin for some cheaper used RB-61s for the front, they can be banged up because they will be inclosed, wish I would of thought this out better before going ebay crazy.

• Like 1