hey 'great cans'

colterphoto1

'Cans' an old British (?) term for headphones are frequently used by sound engineers so they can listen to a single instrument directly through the sound board (desk in Brit slang) during performances. Having misplaced my trustly Koss Pro4AAA (clearly the heaviest headphones ever invented), I took my Klipsch Image headphones with ipod and trusty 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter (supplied with the Image) to my latest gig (see Commerical Forum MC Summer Gigs). whew, had enough parenthesis yet?

Using my standard large dual flange ear tips really helped isolate my mix from the ambient noise in the room, measuring 102-110 db at the console C-rated. This was much more isolation and easier on the ear than holding one side of the Koss up against my head, and didn't disturb my naturally curly hair at the same time. The sound was near flat, a good indicator of what was going on in the mix. I was also pleasantly surprised at how much LF I got from the Image headphones when soloing the kick drum or bass guitar. They seemed to take quite a bit of volume without breaking up also.

Thanks Thump! I watched you and other Klipsch engineers use your Klipsch in-ear-monitors during various engagements and tried it myself- works great!

Michael

Glad you approve Michael.

As I had mentioned the other day... I had loaned out my S2m's and S4i's to Don for training. I felt naked that night like I couldn't make a phone call. The thought of putting the cell phone to my ear and holding it seemed barbaric!

I am glad I have them back...Gonna mow the lawn now... With my headphones of course.