Hive Mind... Recommend a good S-Video Switching Receiver

JakeThePimp

I appreciate the help on the previous questions I've asked. Here is a real open ended one for you.

I'm putting together a system for a HT that I'm building in the basement. The projector I have is only RCA/s-video & VGA, I would like to get the last bit of life out of it because it has a great picture and I have a whole bunch of spares for it. I'll be running RF-3s, RC-3 and a A/D/S/ sub in a 5.1 setup but I don't have a receiver. I know I can get some good deals on used stuff I just don't know what to look for? I was thinking the Pioneer Elite series, what model number should I look for? What else is the best bag for the buck right now regardless of brand.

Again, thanks in advance for the advice.

-JTP

If that is what you really what, you can find a 5-year-old top-of-the-line receiver that used to sell for thousands of dollars for $500 or less. AS well as Elite, look for Denon, marantz, harman kardon. They should have good ampsections anyway!

I have a 4 year old Denon 2805 I will sell for $225 OBO. I will be in Minneapolis the last week in Aug and could bring it that far. Depending on where you are in WI you may be able to pick it up. Le t me know. It is in excellent condition. I only upgraded because I wanted the newer HD codecs and HDMI, neither of which this receiver has. I used it with good results on my RF3's.

http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR28053ProductSheet.pdf

I have a 4 year old Denon 2805 I will sell for $225 OBO. I will be in Minneapolis the last week in Aug and could bring it that far. Depending on where you are in WI you may be able to pick it up. Le t me know. It is in excellent condition. I only upgraded because I wanted the newer HD codecs and HDMI, neither of which this receiver has. I used it with good results on my RF3's.

http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR28053ProductSheet.pdf

That does look interesting, I'm near milwaukee so it would be a little bit too far of a drive to the twin cities. I'm going to look at a few more things including that refurb HK that they were talking about in another thread, it appears that will do what I need too and has the newest audio. I'll give it some thought, that looks like a nice one.

-JTP