16 vs. 8 Ohm?

kuisis

I've had my khorns for a month now and still cannot believe how good they sound, even as fifty year old speakers. My first step in upgrading is to get matching tweeters. I am going to buy a t-35 and change the diaphragm to match the 16 ohm crossovers. I was wondering if there is a noticable difference in sound between and 8 ohm and a 16 ohm speakers. I'm a total noobie at crossovers so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

So right now you have two different impedance rated tweeters in your speakers? I would shoot for what was originally in the khorns and therefore the tweeters that have the impedance your crossover was made for. I suspect a different impedance will change your crossover point.

JL

They are both 16 ohms, one is a university and one's an ev. I'm getting an ev because they are the better tweeter I have been told. I was wondering the benefit to changing both crossovers to 16 ohm, if it's an easy upgrade and I don't have to get new drivers and woofers.

Tom

Tom, you indicated in your first post that you have 16 ohm crossovers. I'm thinking your indicating that the crossovers are setup for 16ohm tweeters. If thats the case then I would consider going a step further and getting the Crites tweeters or make up some tweeters with the eminence drivers/gothover adapters.