My new Klipsch RF82 wow

Congrats and happy listening! Now you'll have to go through your whole music collection and hear it all again for the first time. Yes

Exactly like Islander said, I had to go through my whole collection again to hear it over, and I can sure hear stuff I haven't heard before, both good and bad. They really do throw out a bad recording if you have one.

What amazes me is putting on a familiar tune for the first time with an improved system and have it sound like an actual different recording or even a different tune, which makes you realize how crappy your old system really was.

As well, when you start hearing all kinds of little details that the performers and the engineer put on the recording, it's odd to realize that few listeners will ever hear those details. It must be disappointing for a musician to know that his performance will nearly always be heard on a system (MP3, car radio with the window open, etc.) that will make it impossible to hear all of it, even if it's a garage band.

I didn't realize what a skilled and nuanced pianist and guitarist Neil Young is, until I heard the Live at Massey Hall 1971 DVD on my current system. All my friends who've heard it here say the same thing. It just doesn't come through with a lesser recording and a lesser system.

Hallo. Thanks.

The sound of the Klipsch is absolut great with the Rotel Amp.Very neutral.

We did a sound test in the studio at a big Hifi dealer in Rotterdam.

First we had music with Denon Amps. The sound is warmer and coloured than with the Rotel.

Second, we switched over in the middle of the test to Focal Chorus 726V speakers. The sound was softer and less loud, but most difference was the curtain!

It was like a thick curtain closed before the speakers. Amazing!

The Focals are about 60 Euros each more expensive than the Klipsch in Holland.

wim