Sub Power

Mr. RF62

Ok, so we'll use the RT-12d subwoofer for this example. Its 2000watts Dynamic Power and 800watts continuous. It has been said that when using for home theatre movies, it is to be relied upon to use the Dynamic power for the short, sudden bursts rather than the contiuous power. My question is, WHEN does it use the whole Dynamic power? I can't imagine it using the full amount when volume is low.

Note: I know that your limited to the power coming out from the wall outlet.

Explosions, bass drum hits, etc. You'd have to have the volume turned up quite a bit to be pushing an actual 2000 watts through the subs. I would imagine there would be some decent distortion that may or may not be audible at that point.

Ok, so we'll use the RT-12d subwoofer for this example. Its 2000watts Dynamic Power and 800watts continuous. It has been said that when using for home theatre movies, it is to be relied upon to use the Dynamic power for the short, sudden bursts rather than the contiuous power. My question is, WHEN does it use the whole Dynamic power? I can't imagine it using the full amount when volume is low.

Note: I know that your limited to the power coming out from the wall outlet.

It actually is rms limited to the power coming from the wall but it can for short bursts be dependant on the capacitors or rails on the amplifier.

Watts are subject to the db per watt situation so it is reliant on the t/s specs. If you want to know when it uses the full amount you would need those specs and plot a graph using win isd or such.

You will see a pictures of my subwoofer enclosure soon. RMS is 5000 watts, really 10000 watts but Thilo said he put 5000 so people would not really give it 10000 and burn the vc out.

1 18 inch lms 5400 tcsounds
3 18 inch passive radiators
amps, might need two behringers we will see with one.

flat to 23 hertz anechoic, in room most likely flat to 16.
123 db anechoic, in room 130+ db in room.