Looking for Suggestions for Wall Mountable Surround Speakers to go with ForteII Mains

jmelki

Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions for wall mountable speakers for a home theater setup. I am basically starting out with a pair of ForteII with upgraded Tweeters(Bob Crite). I am currently using a pair of JBL bookshelf speaker, and want to replace with a pair of Klipsch speakers. I had my eye on the RS-42 speakers, but I know that they are a not a good timber match, but my question is will it really matter that much since they will be used for the surround sound?

Thanks in advance.

Also if anyone has any experience with Bob Crites crossover replacement for the Forte II's, can they let me know if you think its worth the upgrade for a pair of Forte II's that are already in good condition. I did the tweeter mod, and I liked the results, so I was wandering if the crossover replacement would make them sound that much better. Keep in mind that this system will only be used for Home theater.

Thanks in advance

1. Welcome.

2. Take a breath.

3. Listen to the current changes you have made before doing any more. You may find your happy as is................

4. Myself, I don't think it would matter much using the 42 for rear surround. The Front three are the most important for a vocal match..............

JMHO.....................

I personally found a more noticeable difference when I changed the tweeter diaphragms to titanium compared to changing the crossover networks.

I had a pair of RS-42 speakers as side surrounds for a bit and liked them with my Forte IIs. I stumbled across a great deal on a pair of KG 3.5 floorstanding speakers and replaced the RS-42s with them. The RS-42s were better with movies but I listen to a lot of music and music DVD/Blu-Ray discs and feel that the floorstanding KG 3.5s do a better job with music. Plus, I like that the KGs more closely match the Oiled Oak finish on my Fortes.

I didn't really have a good place to wall-mount the RS-42s either. They were mounted a lot lower than what would be ideal but the way my room is designed limited where I could put them. I actually have my KGs on stands that are about 6" tall that I made from some leftover wood when we put wood floors in our kitchen. Raised them up so that they're now at ear level when seated.

As long as you get something that can be put where you want them to be and that can handle the high SPLs that your Fortes do you'll be fine.

Wuzzzer,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I too noticed a good improvement with the diaphragm tweeters. I want to change the crossovers too, but I think I will wait a bit and use the money to finish buying the rest of my Home Theater components.

By any chance do you still have the RS-42's and if so do you want to sell them?