Adding a powered SUB

Mark42

This is my first post on the Klipsch Community and i have a very general question about adding a powered SUB. I am looking to add the SUB-12 to my pair of LaScalas, run off an Onkyo Grand Integra M-508. What is the best way to hook the sub up?

Hey Mark, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums. We're glad you're here.

I am not familiar with the M-508, but it appears to be an amp. What are you using as a Pre amp? I guess it does not have a "Sub Out" jack?

If the sub has speaker wire terminals, you can run your speaker wires to the sub and then out to the La Scala's. The sub will take the low freqs. out of the signal, then pass the the rest to the speakers.

Let us know what you're using as a pre amp and maybe we can give you more info.

Dennie

My Pre-amp is a Yamaha C-70 and neither the amp or the pre-amp has a sub-out. Also, if i add a powered sub, it replaces the existing woofer in the LaScala as opposed to increasing to three the number of active woofers?

It will play in addition to the drivers in the LaScala's.

The sub will take the low freqs. out of the signal, then pass the the rest to the speakers.

To the best of my knowledge, most subs pass the entire signal through to the mains when hooked up through the speaker wire terminals on the sub.

My Bad, you are correct.

Does your Sub have the speaker wire terminals?

Dennie

After understanding how it works, i purchased it today and it will be here by the end of the week.

Thanks to everyone!

Hey Mark,

Good for you! I run a SVS 20-39 PC Plus Sub with my La Scala's and it fills in the bottom end beautifully!

Let us know when you get it and your thoughts.

Again, Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations on the Sub Purchase. [:P]

Dennie